Wilner & O'Reilly, APLC
One Practice. One Focus. One Passion: Immigration Law.

April 2015 Archives

US sees record number of H-1B visa applications

Businesses in California and throughout the country are filing record numbers of applications in order to be able to bring more foreign workers in to take jobs in the science, engineering and computer fields. Applications for employment-based visas are limited by Congress to 85,000 per year, and only 20,000 are specifically available for those with a master's degree are higher. Despite the limit, more than 233,000 applications have already been filed for 2016.

Documentation for employment-based visas in California

People who are planning to come to the United States may do so by pursuing get employment-based visas. The government requires people to bring a number of documents that will be submitted as a part of the application process, so people should prepare and gather all that is needed prior to applying.

V nonimmigrant status

A foreign-born person who is living in California may be able to qualify for a V nonimmigrant visa if they are the spouse or child of a permanent resident. The V nonimmigrant category was created in 2000 as part of the Legal Immigration Family Equity Act. People who qualify for a V visa will be allowed to live and work in the United States while they are waiting to secure their immigration status.

Citizens of neighboring countries may qualify for a TN visa

People who wish to enter California or anywhere else in the United States in order to engage in certain types of professional work may qualify for a TN nonimmigrant visa. To qualify, individuals must be citizens of either Canada or Mexico and have a prearranged employment opportunity available to them in the U.S. Some of the types of professionals who may qualify for a TN visa include teachers, scientists, pharmacists, engineers, accountants and lawyers.

How to bring temporary workers into the US with an H-2B visa

Orange residents who are looking to hire temporary workers from outside the country may be interested in more information about the process. Bringing a foreign worker into the U.S. comes with multiple requirements that must be fulfilled in order for the visa to be granted.

Lawyers Your Can Trust

Our Office Locations

Orange Office
333 City Boulevard West Ste. 1918
Orange, CA 92868

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 714-919-8880
Orange Law Office Map

Sacramento Office
2730 Gateway Oaks Dr. Ste. 110
Sacramento, CA 95833

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 916-643-4657
Sacramento Law Office Map

Riverside Office
3403 Tenth Street Ste. 742
Riverside, CA 92501

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 951-787-0010
Riverside Law Office Map

Salt Lake City Office
675 E 2100 S, Ste. 300
Salt Lake City, UT 84106

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 801-594-9999
Salt Lake City Law Office Map

Orem Office
1145 South 800 East
Orem, UT 84097

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 801-594-9999
Map & Directions

San Bruno Office
1001 Bayhill Drive
Ste. 200
San Bruno, CA 94066

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 650-243-0475
Map & Directions

Boise Office
950 W Bannock Street
Ste. 1100
Boise, ID 83702

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 208-391-2020
Fax: 208-485-7969
Map & Directions

Fresno Office
8050 N Palm
Ste. 300
Fresno, CA 93711

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 559-490-1490
Fax: 888-448-0638
Map & Directions