Wilner & O'Reilly, APLC
One Practice. One Focus. One Passion: Immigration Law.

Documentation for employment-based visas in California

People who are planning to come to the United States may do so by pursuing get employment-based visas. The government requires people to bring a number of documents that will be submitted as a part of the application process, so people should prepare and gather all that is needed prior to applying.

The person's passport must be valid both currently as well as at least 60 days after the visa's expiration date. If a person's passport will expire while a visa is in effect, they must get a new one before the employment-based visa will be granted. The government also requires the person to submit two photographs and copies of civil documents, including birth and marriage certificates. If the civil documents are in a language other than English, translations of the documents must be prepared and submitted as well.

The person must also complete an immigrant and alien registration application and provide proof that they will be able to support themselves financially without government assistance while in the country. If a relative is sponsoring the person, the relative will need to submit an affidavit of financial support. Finally, the person will have to submit to a physical examination and then submit the completed medical examination forms.

It is very important that individuals submit completed applications along with all of the required documentation needed to support their visa requests. People may benefit by seeking the help of employment immigration attorneys, as they may be better able to help with ensuring everything is submitted accurately. Attorneys may also be able to help their clients with preparing for their interviews. In the event a person's visa application is denied, an attorney might help by requesting reconsideration.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Lawyers Your Can Trust

Our Office Locations

Orange Office
333 City Boulevard West Ste. 1918
Orange, CA 92868

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 714-919-8880
Orange Law Office Map

Sacramento Office
2730 Gateway Oaks Dr. Ste. 110
Sacramento, CA 95833

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 916-643-4657
Sacramento Law Office Map

Riverside Office
3403 Tenth Street Ste. 742
Riverside, CA 92501

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 951-787-0010
Riverside Law Office Map

Salt Lake City Office
675 E 2100 S, Ste. 300
Salt Lake City, UT 84106

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 801-594-9999
Salt Lake City Law Office Map

Orem Office
1145 South 800 East
Orem, UT 84097

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 801-594-9999
Map & Directions

San Bruno Office
1001 Bayhill Drive
Ste. 200
San Bruno, CA 94066

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 650-243-0475
Map & Directions

Boise Office
10173 West Overland Road
Boise, ID 83709

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 208-391-2020
Fax: 208-485-7969
Map & Directions

Fresno Office
8050 N Palm
Ste. 300
Fresno, CA 93711

Toll Free: 800-352-7034
Phone: 559-490-1490
Fax: 888-448-0638
Map & Directions