Lauren M. Flores is an associate attorney at Wilner & O’Reilly, APLC. She is admitted to the Utah State Bar. She is a native of Compton, CA and a proud daughter of an immigrant father. Her primary and secondary education took place in the neighborhoods of Huntington Park, South Central, and Boyle Heights—she has a special affinity for these communities. She graduated from Brigham Young University where she earned a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism with Minors in Spanish, Editing, and International Development.
Ms. Flores received her Juris Doctor from the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University. She also earned a Masters in Public Administration during her time there. During her time in law school, she served as an associate editor, lead editor, and finally executive editor for the Brigham Young University Education and Law Journal. She is passionate about education and furthering the opportunities for inner city youth to have access to higher education.
Before joining Wilner & O’Reilly, Ms. Flores was a law clerk for the Utah Attorney General’s Office – Education Division. She also worked at the BYU Community Legal Clinic where she handled, family-based, asylum, and other immigration cases for indigent clients. One of her most memorable experiences from law school was traveling to the South Texas Family Residential Center in Dilley, TX where she helped women and children detained there to prepare for their asylum credible fear interviews.
In her free time, Lauren enjoys going to the movies with her family, exploring the great outdoors, learning all she can about her Mexican-American heritage, and taking the occasional trip to Disneyland. She has a bucket list item to visit every country in Latin America. She currently resides in Bellflower, California with her family.
Areas of Practice
- Utah, 2018
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School
- J.D. – 2018
- Brigham Young University Marriott School of Business
- M.P.A. – 2018
- Major: Public Administration
- Brigham Young University
- B.A. – 2012
- Major: Journalism with Minors in Spanish, Editing, and International Development.
Past Employment Positions
- Utah Attorney General Office, Law Clerk, 2017 – 2018
- CARA Pro Bono Project, Legal Volunteer, 2018
- Brigham Young University Education and Law Journal, Executive Editor 2017- 2018
- Brigham Young University Education and Law Journal, Lead Editor 2016-2017
- Latinos In Action, Intern, 2016-2017
- Brigham Young University Education and Law Journal, Associate Editor 2015-2016
- Salt Lake Community College, Law Clerk, 2017
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints – Buenos Aires- Argentina, Legal Extern, 2015
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Phone: (800) 352-7034 | (801) 594-9999