At the California and Utah immigration law firm of Wilner & O’Reilly, APLC, we support the goals of investors, entrepreneurs and business leaders.
ONE PRACTICE. ONE FOCUS. ONE PASSION: IMMIGRATION LAW.
EB5/E2 Investor Visas For Immigrant Entrepreneurs
We represent clients seeking to do business on the West Coast and throughout the U.S. Our experienced attorneys work hard to effectively manage our clients’ immigration concerns so that they can protect their business interests and growing wealth.
Wilner & O’Reilly, APLC, was established in 2003 by two top-rated attorneys recognized for their knowledge and abilities in this highly complex area of law. Richard M. Wilner is board-certified as a specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law by the State Bar of California. Kelly S. O’Reilly is a former officer with Citizenship and Immigration Services (legacy Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).
Together, these skilled immigration lawyers lead a team of legal professionals serving clients on a local, national and international level.
The Immigrant Investor Program or EB-5 program was created in 1990 to assist international business leaders with commercial opportunities, job creation and capital investment in the United States. Our law firm represents these business leaders. Our clients typically invest in new commercial enterprises ranging from sole proprietorships to partnerships, corporations and business trusts.
Our attorneys have the experience and knowledge required to guide clients through the EB-5 investment visa process, including:
- Representing individual investors
- Providing comprehensive services, from preparing an application to the eventual completion of the EB-5 process
- Advising clients to fully understand their choices and make educated decisions
The E-2 nonimmigrant classification, meanwhile, is a nonimmigrant visa for individuals from specific countries who invest heavily in U.S. business. This visa allows admission to a national from a treaty country who invests a substantial amount of capital, as well as the national’s employees if eligible. E-2 classification qualifications for these treaty investors include:
- Status as a national of a country with which the U.S. maintains a treaty of navigation and commerce
- Past or present investment of a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide enterprise
- Desire to enter the country for purposes of development and direction of the investment enterprise, with at least 50 percent ownership, operational control or managerial position with the enterprise
For an initial consultation with our lawyers in California, Utah, and Idaho, contact Wilner & O’Reilly, APLC, by toll-free call or email. Language translation assistance in Cantonese, French, Japanese, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian and Tagalog available upon request.