Kelly O’Reilly is a founding partner with Wilner & O’Reilly, APLC, and is a former District Adjudications Officer for the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service in Los Angeles and Orange County. As an officer, Mr. O’Reilly was given the responsibility for adjudicating Employment-based and Family-based applications for Lawful Permanent Residency, Requests for Travel, Work Authorization, and Waivers of Inadmissibility. He was also responsible for conducting Marriage Fraud Interviews and requests for Naturalization.
Mr. O’Reilly was part of a federal panel that was given charge to create imaginative solutions to various complex problems facing the Immigration Service. As a result, many of those solutions remain in effect and are used by today’s Immigration Service employee. Mr. O’Reilly’s unique background provides him with an ability to effectively navigate his clients’ cases through the traumatic nightmare that can be the U.S. Immigration Service. He was also trained at the Immigration Service, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynco, Georgia, where he graduated with honors.
Mr. O’Reilly is admitted to the State Bar of California, U.S. District Courts for the Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California; the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit,; and the U.S. Supreme Court. He is a member of the following esteemed organizations: Los Angeles County Bar Association; the American Bar Association; the American Trial Lawyers Association; the State Bar of California, Immigration Section; and the J. Reuben Clark Law Society of Orange County. Likewise, he presently serves as the Chair of the Immigration Law Section of the Riverside County Bar Association.
Given his expertise, he is an expert in all facets of Immigration Law. Mr. O’Reilly has defended clients facing removal from the United States as well as those seeking refuge from persecution under international asylum laws. Having represented celebrities, athletes and businessmen, Mr. O’Reilly is most at home helping families achieve their American dream. His unusual success rates stem from his empathetic understanding of his client’s situation and his undeterred determination to make sure each and every client achieves his or her immigration goals. This zealous advocacy has caused entire communities of friends and families to retain the law offices of Wilner & O’Reilly.
A native of Fresno, California, Mr. O’Reilly received his law degree from the University of La Verne, College of Law and his Bachelor of Science degree from Brigham Young University. A former missionary in Hong Kong, Mr. O’Reilly has a great love of Chinese culture and is conversant in Cantonese. He is married with five children.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Immigration
- California, 1999
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2005
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1999
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2006
- University of La Verne College of Law, La Verne, California
- Brigham Young University
- Major: Psychology
- Cannon Safe
- Alfredo Angolo, Boxer
- Eucore Pharma
- Arnel Pineda, Journey
- I-9 Compliance and E-Verify: Avoid Fines and Jail Time, HR.com, March 30, 2010
- I-9s: What All California Employers Need to Know and Do Now, EmployerAdvice.com, CEA, November 13, 2008
- Immigration Law Workshop, Cerritos Chamber of Commerce, June 26, 2011
- Representing Clients Before the Immigration Service, Riverside County Bar, April 1, 2011
- Employment Law Conference, AALRR, March 1, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar, 1999 – Present
- Riverside County Bar, Chair, Immigration Section, 2007 – Present
- American Bar Association, 1999 – Present
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society, 2003 – Present
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, 1999 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Immigration and Naturalization Service, District Adjudications Officer, 1997 – 1999
Pro Bono Activities
- Former LDS Missionary to Hong Kong
- U.S. Military Immigration Assistance, 1999 – Present
- Delta Theta Phi
Location: Orange, California
Languages: English, Cantonese Chinese